octopus today (version 1)
I do think the octopus is amazing!
This idea has a couple of meanings, one being what might seem the most obvious - 'I've got lots to juggle and sort out today, wish I had eight arms', but also the idea that you need to be switched on and get your brain into gear. Why? Well did you know that an octopus has 9 brains, 8 of which are in each tentacle, they are so clever. So I love that connection too. You could also throw in the 3 hearts an octopus has as well if you wish. :-)
With regards to the design I wanted the illustration of the octopus to be the star, with the type becoming secondary.
Yes you see there's text, you take it in and then read it, maybe even get up closer and read it, then make the connection and take it in. There is a reason for the vertical type which plays with the idea of misleading symmetry.. mm. :-)
- designed and developed in the what phil sees studio.
- limited edition of 50 prints in total across all sizes.
- individually signed and numbered.
- printed on premium grade 210gsm matte paper using archival quality fade resistant inks.
- each limited edition print comes supplied with an official certificate of authenticity.
- supplied unframed.
- all prints are sent rolled in a sturdy tube by signed for delivery.